Jagged Alliance Center - Forum

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 66 ]  Przejdź na stronę   Poprzednia   1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Następna
Autor Wiadomość
the_Scorpion
Cytowanie selektywne Odpowiedz z cytatem
Kapral
Kapral

my anims are done by the crudest way of pixel-work (but it's a damn lot of supposedly easy work)

because i haven't found a coder to add these animations as "new bodytype". of course it's also because they'll be unfinished (in terms of entire bodytype) for a long time to come.

matter of fact, i've only used a simple graphic programme (paint for example) and sti-edit. Some anims get added to the game by code changes, that's what happened for the crouching throw animation

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

but that crouching prone animation wasn't one of mine, i must add :lol:

Popers
Awatar użytkownika
Starszy chorąży
Starszy chorąży

reveal some info Scorpion. How much left ?

Olddog
Starszy szeregowy
Starszy szeregowy

Interesting - I wouldn't really call pixel work 'easy' (but then I have the artistic talent of a potato). Done that way I can imagine that it is a long, time consuming, process to complete so kudo's for the patience (and talent). Thanks for answering.

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

popers: how much of what? animations or the mod in general? are you guys already done translating and just waiting for a release or what?

there's a lot of animations unfinished, but that's not tragic, i'm focusing on the more relevant ones, plus, anims won't prolongue development cycle as i'm still waiting for speeches. i received today the first speeches from my last voice actor, i dunno until when he'll be finished, until then i'll still do some additions to animations, afterwards, i use what's there and try to get a release-worthy version ready (speaking of 400 plus megas, that's some serious work as well)

Olddog

as opposed to most other modmakers, i'm overly talkative about my projects and i'm glad some people show interest. Yes, the animations part is really the most extreme part of ja2 modmaking in this respect, especially if you're in for a thorough change or a big addition. But the good things is it doesn't require any tools like the map editor that can crash, it can be done during breaks and stopped again etc. I work on it when i get time between the more creative things :-D
Plus of course, the more one has done, the more one can copy-paste from already finished files and reduce the tiny pixel work to those areas that are different.

Popers
Awatar użytkownika
Starszy chorąży
Starszy chorąży

I was asking about the mod in general. The translation progress has slowed down recently and I'm concerned we may be falling behind in comparison to the mod's development.

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

well, fact is i will be trying to release soon. i won't change a lot anymore, so translating should not be additionaly complcated by a lot of file changes.

what would you say, in percentage or so, how far is the translation and what are the problems?

Popers
Awatar użytkownika
Starszy chorąży
Starszy chorąży

the_Scorpion pisze:
what would you say, in percentage or so, how far is the translation and what are the problems

I'll ask Len , since he is coordinating the whole thing. There was some confusion over what we should translate and what we should copy from JA2. The thing is that we were given files both made by You and from JA2. The files were simply mixed and I didn't know which files we going to be translated and which were going to be copied from the original game. So , I had to wait for Len to separate them. I know it's a simple and shouldn't have slowed us down but well.... that's how it is when you try to run a project involving a group of people during summer holidays.... :okulary2: :)

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

yes, i can understand that, such things can easily happen in the circumstances around our "business".

i must admit i know nothing myself, the translation of RR is an independant project so i can't help/ interfere :>

i guess i wait for some info then

Popers
Awatar użytkownika
Starszy chorąży
Starszy chorąży

I asked Len and that's what he told me:
" The most difficult work is already done and the progress is getting faster"

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

good to know, although it doesn't tell me much. on the other hand, i couldn't judge this anyway

XBARTEKX
Awatar użytkownika
Starszy chorąży
Starszy chorąży

Hey scorpion how goes the work on RR??

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

i've added a new feature, player can select whether to use RR custom loadscreens or vanilla loadscreens through INI switch

i still need to adjust the xml files though

i mainly wait for a good 1.13 exe to use for ja2 rr, also draw animations. animations is a damn barrell without a bottomn... :galy:

Olddog
Starszy szeregowy
Starszy szeregowy

One question and One suggestion :) - with hand to hand, is there something like a 'critical' hit (similar to the exploding head or enemy flying backward) because I would love to see the headbutt animation tied to some sort of HtoH critcal event (I have no idea if this is even possible so feel free to ignore/chuckle at ignorance/etc):)

The other thing Iwaould like to see in the final release is some sort of 'readme' with your preferred settings. I know that 1.13 is easily 'modified' for personal preference but I for one want the game experience YOU intended with whatever restrictions you planned into it.

the_Scorpion
Kapral
Kapral

i guess the full release will include the settings I would expect the player to use for the best playing experience.

so this request of yours would probably be the default.

unfortunately, there's no splatter animation for Hand-to-hand. So i'd need a coder to add such a feature first.
I'm currently working on the flyback splatter animation. This one will be supported, the head-splatter animation is currently taken by a placeholder animation.

i'm also working on a "lock-and-load" animation
so during pauses/ idle situations in tactical, you'll see your merc raising his gun and lock/ load it with a movement of the hand forward and back along the body of the weapon (you can also consider this animation representing to "check" whether a bullet is in the chamber or not, or for switching safety bars or even pump-reloaidng apump action shotgun (well except for the magazine that is there but imaginaion is requird anyway)
;-)

maybe i'll expand this animation to a real "reload gun" animation but that would include a lot of work and i have other animations to work on so...
probably not yet.
i have many interesting ideas for custom animations and will see if i get the chance to add them to the mod.

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie Przejdź na stronę   Poprzednia   1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Następna